MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Mid-price Tape Deck Before Garageband ?
pat38
post Wed 5 Mar 2008, 20:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,352

Hi all

Anyone could give me advice on a non reel-to-reel tape deck ?

I would record guitar and voice on tape, then playback/feed the tape out into garageband ... I don't want to spend too much on it though..

Thks for any hints !
Patrick
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mac Daddy
post Sat 8 Mar 2008, 12:42
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,633

pat38... Thanks. I know I went a bit CRAZY, I am crazy, but I try not to be STUPID... things get lost in the translation, I try to be funny, but I KNOW it comes out DUMB.

Please whatever you do, get it Checked First... If the SELLER is "Fo Real" they won't mind, they might even adjust the price when they see the Service Report, Shipping, Parts and Labour Costs... But, But, But... Ask the Seller if you could send it to an Authorized Service Center BEFORE YOU BUY... Please???? Then and only then will I feel that I have been of and REAL assistance...

pat38, the plans you have for creating your music is how the really SMART MUSCIANS used to do it when I was growing up twenty or thirty years ago... Damn I'm old!!! Most musicians dreamed of Recording in the 24 or 48, 48 was the Holy Grail of Recording. The Studios were massive, impessive, comfortable and LOUD... Heaven, amen. But, They were EXPENSIVE!!!!!! Damn. But, there was always a Stand-Out Person who could figure out what you are doing... Some Musicians, they were usually the Synth Playing Rich Kid you could barely see behind a wall of Fender Rhodes, Clavinet, Yamaha D7, Moog, Oberhiem, Hammond B3 with a mahogany, no we were not green back then... sorry kids, plant a tree, don't do drugs, or the Guitar Player, with all those pedals and switches on the floor... Perhaps that is why I never did well as the Front Man... I was too busy watching what those two were doing... That was far more interesting than Singing to a crowd of people who were waiting for the Headline Act and just wanted you to get the hell off stage anyway...

You are very much like deaconblue... He's SMART "Fo Real" and really decent and a great musician... gave it all up to be a family man, husband, daddy thingy... Sigh...

Also, please keep us informed... Good Luck Grasshopper pat38.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 9 Jun 2024, 15:30
- © 440 Forums 2011