MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> How To Use A Laptop As Another Computer Extended Desktop?, Macbook Pro Extended Desktop
LPR4VI
post Sun 16 Dec 2007, 12:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 89,659

I'm getting a macbook pro (leopard) and want to use my 3 yr old ibook g4 as an extended desktop (dual display). Is anyone having success with this, and if so, what cord/adapter are you using? huh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
qusp74
post Tue 18 Dec 2007, 10:40
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 92,865

QUOTE (thecoddled egg @ Sun 16 Dec 2007, 21:39) *
I'm getting a macbook pro (leopard) and want to use my 3 yr old ibook g4 as an extended desktop (dual display). Is anyone having success with this, and if so, what cord/adapter are you using? huh.gif

Hi there,

As far as I know the mac laptops (or PC's for that matter) dont have any way of getting graphics INto the system. This makes what you are trying to do an impossibility as far as I am aware, unless there is some way of networking the machines and sharing desktops that way wink.gif (unlikely), I know it seems a waste to let go of your precious mac, trust me I know. But you will probably be better served to sell it sad.gif and utilize the $ gained to buy yourself a desktop monitor which will no doubt be much bigger and more colour accurate than the aging G4's screen. Hope I was able to help.

Jeremy

--------------------
Jeremy Glover graphic designer and compositor extraordinair but a relative novice at audio
Mac G5 1.8DP 4gig ram .. RME Hammerfall DSP 9632 .. Behringer ADA8000 adat interface
• KRK ROKIT 6 and RP10S•Micro korg Synth/vocoder with RODE NT2-A
Logic pro 7 NI kontakt, battery FM8, Altiverb Arturia Moog modular minimoog arp2600.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 23 May 2024, 15:24
- © MacMusic 1997-2008