MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> A Subtil Problem Of Firewire 410! pls Help! thanks., really, has this device a "quality" so cheap...
Anduuu
post Thu 11 Oct 2007, 15:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,771

Hi there!

I have a big problem with Firewire 410! The MOST important thing about it-->audio recordind/mic preamps, is "falling down"! WHY????......couse:
I expected that this device to record very clear audio tracks, so I to be able to gain them software WITHOUT the big noise gathered with it....
So, I've got a Studio Projects B1 microphone that works perfectely with Fast Track Pro preamps(even when GAIN KNOBS are max pozition), BUT with Firewire 410 it's almost exactely vice versa:
--When I recording it or even I talk to the mic with gain, THIS GAIN has a tinkle sound signal gathered with my speaking/recording....this stuff behave like would be the device signal-to- noise "quality";[/b]
[b]--I made all tests I c
ould (Cubase SX2 audio, Sony Sound Forge, Cakewalk, even real time talking), but all the same---looks like "its higher quality signal sound"!!! I tested with another mic and same issue;
-- my question is>>>is this a real issue of it(and what is it - remember that my device is installed and works perfectely); >>>OR this is ALL THIS BOX CAN DO--I mean FW410 has a cheap audio recordind signal and sound..........
SO, PLEASE elucidate for me THIS problem/mistery....couse I'm tired of it, it brought me down...IT really worth the effort, or I should get out of it (even it's OK and seem to work perfectely on the other hand)???
thanks anticipated,Boan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lepetitmartien
post Tue 16 Oct 2007, 04:23
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Hello Anduu, if you want really good pres, never count on the interface ones, never. They may be "ok", but never "pro". wink.gif

As far as I remember the 410 issues around here have always been about improper driver install or issues in CoreAudio, but your problem seem a different kind, that's why the repair may be a good idea.

And easy way to show the problem is to record it! Make one with the 410 pre, another with another pre you have access to like you mentioned, you'll have something to show then to the guys. wink.gif I'd contact M-audio directly too, if the guys are not a representation, pass over their head! Even if there's issues regularly with M-Audio products, I've never heard a bad word upon their after sales policy, so get to them directly.

If M-audio can't/won't do a thing, let us know, it'll be written somewhere in public for others to read. But I'd be you, I'd look forward for fine preamps in a stand alone form there's aplenty, but it'll cost the price of an interface at least.

About the price, remember this forum is for all the planet to use, your price may not be others's, sadly.

And please, no need to shout or insist, no-one here is deaf (yet) wink.gif People actually read what you write and really try to help, even in their winding way, none works for M-Audio nor is your retailer so keep cool, thank you.

Oh I forgot, never trust a word a reseller say… Save if you really really know him.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 1 Jun 2024, 03:48
- © MacMusic 1997-2008