MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Thinking About Firefox
mortalengines
post Mon 27 Nov 2006, 04:37
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,373

I know that this is not exactly a music question but I do alot of myspace networking & it seems to get really bogged down when I use my mac. I have a PC that just zips around myspace & a couple of places MUCH faster than my Mac. I am using Safari 1.3.2 (v312.6) & my updater says this is up to date. Would using Firefox get me around the net any faster in some scenarios?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
MacFeegle
post Tue 28 Nov 2006, 07:07
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 84,590

I'm pretty sure Apple is up to 2.x with Safari. I'm using 1.0.3 and it won't even open some pages, including some on the Apple site (go figure.) Of course, I'm having that problem, to some degree, with all the browsers I use since they're all outdated. Unfortunately, I can't update them until I upgrade the OS, which I can't do until I upgrade from Digi001, which I can't do until I have more cash, which..., oh, well. Anyway, I'd try the newer version of Safari, if you can. Another thing to note is Camino, which is supposed to be Firefox written for the Mac. I think you can download it for free from the Firefox website. I haven't tried it yet, since I'm still running OS 10.2 and I can't... oh, well.
Good luck.

QUOTE (mortalengines @ Sun 26 Nov 2006, 21:37) *
I know that this is not exactly a music question but I do alot of myspace networking & it seems to get really bogged down when I use my mac. I have a PC that just zips around myspace & a couple of places MUCH faster than my Mac. I am using Safari 1.3.2 (v312.6) & my updater says this is up to date. Would using Firefox get me around the net any faster in some scenarios?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 23 May 2024, 11:24
- © MacMusic 1997-2008