MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Creative Flow, keystation 49e, axiom 25, GB, Live
bradondc
post Sun 1 Oct 2006, 00:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 83,260

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here. I am relatively new to making music, dabbling in the past on the ps2 and friends pcs.

It was only recently I decided to take it more seriously, my girlfriend was on holiday and I started using garageband on my emac. I maxed out my cpu fairly sharpish tryin to play a midi loop in two different softsynths. So I invested in a new macbook, The same track didn't even send the cpu meter into yellow, so i was pretty chuffed. I bought a M-Audio keystation 49e at the same time, but found it lacked the hands on control I wanted. So a few ebay transactions later I have enough to get myself an Axiom 25. Thinking this would be the answer to my prayers I plug it in expecting a whole world of creative possibilities opening up. Mmmmm........ After much head scratching and websurfin I finally managed to program the transport buttons, but i still have all the knobs and pads to do. This has had an adverse effect on my music making as i have just been getting frustrated with why it isn't easier to program. Is it just garageband or will most DAWs have the same problems?

I decided to give the live lite software a go as it came with the controller, but this is equally frustrating. Is it not possible to record a real-time effected loop into garageband?

Any imput would be great thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 11 Oct 2024, 15:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008