MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> £10,000 Digital Studio Set Up
Aerial
post Fri 24 Mar 2006, 03:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,780

Hi,
With a budget of between £10,000 - £12,000. Aside from sound proofing gear & a G5 mac what would you suggest I purchase/need to open a digital pro to semi pro studio?
I own a korg trinity pro,
motu 2408 mk2, motu midi express xt,
shure sm58
a couple of guitars & a pair of mackie 624's.

I wanted two sequencers, I was thinking of maybe DP5 when it's released & logic?
Also been reading about soundcraft's 328xd and mackies' d8b mixers. They both sound pretty good on paper, but the d8b may be to complex for my 1st digi mixer-anyone used one of those?
Anyway all suggestions are welcome.

rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Aerial
post Fri 24 Mar 2006, 15:05
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,780

I'm going to hire the studio out. Thats one of the reasons why I want a digi desk as all the studio's I've been to have them. If I want people to pay a reasonable hourly rate I need decent hardware which is also aesthtically pleasing. Silly as it seem's that can make a lot of difference to customers. Where as the sequencers are concerned I"ve used dp & audio desk before but no one else I know has, in fact alot of my friends haven't even heard of it so I"m thinking I'll get a more popular sequencer like logic also/instead.
The condenser mic & compressor you spoke of any particular models in mind?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 19 Sep 2024, 18:01
- © MacMusic 1997-2008