MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Mac Quad And The Right Sound Card?, I need some expert advice...
TonyMusic
post Thu 2 Feb 2006, 15:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,230

Okay, so I'm buying a mac Quad, and need some advice on how some things work...
I'm getting a Logic Pro also, and obviously need a sound card or maybe two?

What I need from the computer is to be able to playback at least 100 tracks of 24bit/96kHz at the same time...I don't need that many of in/outs...the hole music making process is going to happen mainly with soft synths, plugins and so on. No need to record a symphony orchestra.

The price range isn't that much of a problem, though I don't have money for Pro tools yet.

So my question is, what kind of sound card/s do I need. What would be the best solution...Or is pro tools HD3 the only one that can do this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
TonyMusic
post Fri 3 Feb 2006, 21:45
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,230

Lol, this is becoming a chat with myself...but I just realized that I'm not sure if I'm on the right track with this...

My need for Logic is to playback at least 100 tracks at 24bit/96 kHZ, that doesn't require different channel for everytrack, right? Sorry if my questions are stupid, but I'm a bit new with this. So is the track count only depending on the CPU power of the computer, or?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 22 Sep 2024, 12:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008