MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Firebox Line In Problems, records from mic but not from line in
brianjones
post Fri 20 Jan 2006, 15:05
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,267

Hi

I went to record my first live show with my Firebox and I couldn't get the signal from the box to the mac. I have used the mic successfully and recorded on gb but when I connect something to line in on the firebox, I get no signal.

Am I missing something in the setting that needs to be different for line in as opposed to mic?

The cables I use are from rca/phone? to these 1/4 in adapters that plug into the firebox. Is it possible this could be the source of the problem?

I contacted Presonus again since this is not my first problem with Firebox, but it is the worst problem, but they haven't been able to give me a reason why.

I am lost and have another live show coming next Friday. I have to get the Firebox working or look for a simple alternative i/o device or mixing board ready for the show.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Brian
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
brianjones
post Tue 24 Jan 2006, 11:03
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,267

Thanks for the reply. Firebox has a preamp and I have to have it turned up full and the gains in the control turned up as well.

You bring up an interesting point about the mixer. There is software that is called Mixer that comes with Firebox, but it just sits there and does nothing. I don't know if it is connected or even how to connect it. It seems like nothing goes through it and no matter what buttons I push, I can't seem to get a signal like a normal mixing board.

Do you know how to operate the mixer software that comes with Presonus Firebox? That may be my problem.

Thanks for the help.

Brian
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 8 Jul 2024, 04:01
- © MacMusic 1997-2008