MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Drivers For Tiger 10.4.4, Barely anything works anymore.
dextrometh
post Fri 20 Jan 2006, 16:49
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,807

Once I updated my OS to Tiger 10.4.4, nothing seemed to work anymore. I ditched my ProTools for Logic 7, using new Digidesign Core Audio driver with my Mbox. That seems to work, but I have an M-Audio Uno MIDI interface and an M-Audio Oxygen 8 that my laptop won't even recognize. I went to the M-Audio website and there are no drivers available for this hardware, yet(?)

Anyone have any ideas? Should I just give-up and buy new hardware?!?

[edit LPM OS version]

This post has been edited by lepetitmartien: Sat 21 Jan 2006, 03:57
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lepetitmartien
post Tue 24 Jan 2006, 02:33
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

QUOTE (dextrometh @ Jan 23 2006, 16:10)
Thanks for the reply.  I found that response on their site, but the response itself was on a page with no downloads.  If they have a new driver download, please point it out to me and I'll snag it.

Well, they are testing, so if doesn't work, they'll have to upload a new driver. Meanwhile they don't have a new one…
- Regarding the drivers, temp files, caches, pref files... should I just do this by eye, looking for anything like "m-audio" or "usb uno" etc?

As I don't have any M-audio stuff here i can't tell, but there should be either m-audio, maudio in them. as the drivers are for multiple devices, there won't be the product name on files…
- Do I have to use the install DVD or can I simply use the Disk Utility application to do the permissions fixes?

While you're at it, use the DVD see below…
- What's "OnyX for BSD..."???

BSD is Berkeley Software Distribution, as in NetBSD or Free BSD, OS X is partly based on freeBSD. Included in all BSD systems are BSD maintenance scripts running daily, every week and every month.

OnyX is a small utility, free, which runs basic tools than can be done otherwise in the Terminal. Among these are the BSD scripts. While you have the DVD in:
- Using Apple utility, repair the hard drive
- repair permissions.
- Then launch the OS X installer and install using the personalization button the "BSD subsystems".
- repair permissions (always do that after installs)
- Restart on your hard drive.

Now you can use OnyX, it can do a lot of stuff (remember, it's just using like the Apple drive utility routines which are in OS X but in the Command Line only), but be careful, when it says restart, it is a good idea to do so. Also don't check all options just because you can. wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 21 Sep 2024, 01:31
- © MacMusic 1997-2008