MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Firebox/mic/garage Band Set Up, Cannot record from mic
brianjones
post Fri 6 Jan 2006, 16:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,267

Hi

I have an iMac G%, Garage Band, Presonus Firebox and a Microphone and am setting it up for the first time, but after doing it I cannot get the mic to record in Garage Band.

I am new to all of this, but I changed the audio in system preferences to Firebox and changed it in Garage Band as well, but I cannot get any sound coming from the mic, which is brand new as well.

I am going to have the mic checked, but am wondering if I have missed something basic. The Firebox came with Cubase LE which would have showed me how to test the system, but unfortunately Cubase would not install because of some error, so I couldn't check it that way.

The iMac recognized Firebox and the lights go to blue correctly, although if I push the button on the front of Firebox, the blue light disappears and I have to unplug the firewire and plug it in again to get the blue light on again.

Any suggestions as to what I should check in Firebox or Garage Band that I may be missing.

In the Firebox manual it states to right click on the Control Panel icon to change some settings, but right clicking does nothing. Is that for PC?

Thanks

Brian
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
brianjones
post Tue 10 Jan 2006, 02:18
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,267

Thanks for the advise. I can use all I can get.

I boosted the signal on the Firebox Control but can't get the signal on the mixer although it is coming through on garage band. I find I have to have all the gain/input (I don't know the difference) turned up to the max just about all the time.

The blue light seems to be staying on now. I kind of think I have a bad firewire cable or connection. Right now I am happy to have it working.

Now to figure out the Firebox Mixer. Can I increase the levels with the Mixer or only on the Control box. I have to try to get the signal on the mixer still.

Thanks a lot.

Brian
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 1 Oct 2024, 17:30
- © MacMusic 1997-2008