MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> OMS problems-any ideas?
Elly
post Sun 16 Jun 2002, 21:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,131

Hello, this is my first time on this site...
I use a G3 (OS 9.2 )and have a Midisport 2x2 with an external keyboard.
Recently had computer reformatted and ever since I have not been able to use the keyboard. Midi sounds can only be generated via the on-screen keyboard and I keep getting alert messages each time I start Cubase e.g. 'OMS drivers could not be loaded'. I have reinstalled OMS and revised the Midi and OMS set-ups but no dice..I get no Midi inputs on screen from the keyboard. Could it be my extensions set-up?If so, what are correct ones to be enabled/disabled in this kind of set-up? I've tried all sorts, but the truth is I just don't know enough about how it all works. Can anyone enlighten me? Or know anyone/thing that can?!
Thanks, Elly.

--------------------
elly
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lepetitmartien
post Mon 23 Sep 2002, 03:40
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTOP!

OMS IS dead. (just like OS 9 wink.gif))

The code belongs to Opcode still, Gibson stopped the developpement after buying Opcode. And that's all. finito. end of line.

It works if you're patient, but it's not upgraded anymore FOR 3 YEARS (is that enough ? wink.gif

The fact that it's the main recognised midi support for mac doesn't tell that it's the best (rant rant rant)

the fact is that the guy behind OMS works still, and well thank you, and at Apple. But there's not a line of OMS (fortunately) into OS X, he had better ideas, lucky guy smile.gif

And if you want to know some are already using midi under OSX smile.gif (but it's not the place to talk about it, here it's OS 9)

My late in sunday night rant (should go to bed)

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 20 Sep 2024, 06:51
- © MacMusic 1997-2008