MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Presonus Firepod, Anybody usin' it?
whickus
post Sun 24 Oct 2004, 07:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,009

Is anyone out there using the FirePod yet? I have a friend looking to buy a PowerBook (finally taking my advice) and I'm curious to know about anyone's good or bad experiences. I hear OS 10.3.5 has the drivers already installed...I love Apple.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
blueskybluesguy
post Mon 14 Nov 2005, 17:38
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,523

Been using a Firepod with GarageBand since Apri, '05. Very satisfied with it. Clean, crisp recordings with a lot of depth.

One issue, if anybody out there has advice I'd appreciate it: When recording with the Firepod apparently your instrument is heard realtime along with the previously recorded playback, so that there are no latency issues. However, the same knob that controls your instrument volume also controls the intensity of your instrument signal into the computer, and if you dial back your instrument's volume it dials back the 'saturation' level of the recording.

Are there any ways around this, to keep 'saturation' optimum, while lowering instantaneous volume level on your instrument? Garageband's track volume slider seems to work only on playback, not while recording.

--------------------
PowerMac G5, 1.8GHz Single, !.25Mb, Firepod
Electric & Acoustic Guitars, Basic Bass, Compose, Home Studio: Garageband.
Folk, Blues, basic R&R

"If ya ain't got a sense of humor about life, it ain't funny!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 10 Aug 2024, 13:39
- © MacMusic 1997-2008