MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Bad Experience With Apple
zakary
post Thu 3 Nov 2005, 12:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,711

I bought my mini (brand new) 2 months ago from London, i live in Athens - Greece. After a months use i started to get many unexpected application quits and finally Kernel panics (the grey screen) and not been able to boot. I asked Apple in Athens for support (within warranty) and they told me THAT NO SUPPORT IS OFFERED by APPLE in GREECE, ONLY THE PLACE I BOUGHT IT FROM.

I attemted to install Osx 10.4.2 again from the disks i got with the mini, first i did all disk checks from the disk utility and got no errors, i did the zero data to wipe everything off and started installing OSX, installation reaches a point (writting files to the HD) and it stops, i get a message "installation failed", there's nothing i can do.

So my experiences are not so good. Coming from a pc/winXP platform, i can assure you i had less trouble, crashes and much better processing power for the money i pay. I do acknowledge that osx is a much better looking interface than any other. If anyone doubts my experience, look into the apple forums and see other mac user problems.

I am at a stage where i have a mac mini, that cannot boot or have the OS installed, unsuable, no one can resolve my problem and APPLE in Athens tells me that they cannot offer support to me.

z
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
zakary
post Thu 3 Nov 2005, 15:02
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,711

thanks lancet for you reply,
would your forum link help me solve my problem ?

It's good though to let people know your experiences, it might save them from troubles.

i'll call apple in London and hopefully they'll help me out

This post has been edited by zakary: Thu 3 Nov 2005, 15:03
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 24 Sep 2024, 21:35
- © MacMusic 1997-2008