MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Powerbook Update!, comming Oct. 19th?
miaba
post Tue 18 Oct 2005, 23:15
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,372

So has anyone heard about these updates that apple scheduled to announce this afternoon? I heard mention of duel channel ddr2 included with the new computers. I am in the midst of purchasing a powerbook as soon as possible but I'm not sure if I should wait. Waiting kind of makes me nervous as I know that I can get by with a time-tested machine at a cost that I can afford. Maybe I could get a word on if I should wait to purchase or not. Does this mean the current powerbooks will disapear? My student discount is good only through the applestore!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lepetitmartien
post Mon 24 Oct 2005, 01:18
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

In fact our friends from macbidouille/hardmac found out there's a G5 chip suitable for a laptop since july, but maybe the power is not interesting regarding the current G4 offerings (altivec is better in G4 chips, but G5 can have frequencies going higher up).

First we don't know when the macintel laptop will come in, we only know the first macintel will be in June 06, but which ones…

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 25 Sep 2024, 13:30
- © MacMusic 1997-2008