MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> SoundTrack Pro review, Article
_articles_
post Sat 1 Oct 2005, 04:50
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

SoundTrack Pro review
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
MacAudioGuy
post Sat 8 Oct 2005, 04:00
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,229

QUOTE (edfenner @ Oct 7 2005, 19:31)
I think it will be interesting to see what the review is after your new machine. It runs great on my G5 and is a good tool in the mix - especially when used as intended - to create soundtracks for video.

I use logic pro 7 for most of my work, but it is often overkill for adding a few sound effects, a music bed etc. STP allows this and a lot more quickly and easily with great integration wil FCP 5.

I agree sometimes putting "Pro" on an apps name is strange, but in this case where apple has a line of pro apps, Final Cut, SoundTrack, Logic - makes sense to me. Also let's not forgetthis review wondered if it was a PROtools killer.

I also wonder when people without enough horsepower complain about products (this happens with motion - another part of the Final Cut Pro suite) so yeah, it doesn't run great on your old G3.... well, that is part of being a pro, keeping your gear up to date. And that is not just in the computer world - if you haven't bought HD gear, guess what, HD isn't going to fly in your video workflow either.

If you really want apples all around pro audio solution - then pony up and buy logic - if your looking for a tool to give you a LOT more than the built in audio of FCP at a good price - then STP does pretty much as advertised.

So if you keep trying to make garageband or STP into something it's not - your going to end up spending a lot of time complaining. I don't know of much out there that gives you this much for that price.

I do hope that a new G5 will fix my major gripes with STP. Of course now I'm going to hold off until we see what OCT. 16th brings from Apple (wink wink). java script:emoticon(';)')
I do have to say that my machine is well within the published system requirements for STP. (G4 1.25 GHz- super-computer in it's day.).
I do upgrade as often as client income justifies the expediture. but I don't know about you, but $3K every two years (not even counting a couple thousand in software and audio hardware) is a major line item in my budget.
If that makes me less of a "pro" so be it.

--------------------
user posted image
Jay Shaffer
Mac Audio Guy
Author of "The MacAddict Guide to Making Music with GarageBand"
mag@jayshaffer.com
http://macaudioguy.com/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 17 Jun 2024, 00:21
- © MacMusic 1997-2008