MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> A real mother fucker, Event
_news_
post Sun 4 Sep 2005, 12:37
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

A real mother fucker
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
tunepoet
post Tue 6 Sep 2005, 02:51
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,777

Thanks guys, I really appreciate.

Tunepoet, I think you're completely missing something there.

What is so shoking about it?... The title?!...
These words (including the "F" word as you, prude people, hypocritically name it) are being used everyday by all kinds of different people. You've never said it?...
Good for you (you should try some day though... just for the thrill of it...).
Pretending that nobody should use it publicly in order to protect kids is so utopian and naive...
So what?... I should have replaced those words with a beep, as they do on MTV?... I've always found this kind of censure to be very hypocritical.
We don't do that in Europe. Are our kids more impolite because of this? I don't think so my dear. It's just a question of education and how the parents handle their kids.
I've grown up knowing all the curse-words you can think of (I know, what a f*cked up kid!). Am I cursing all day long?... No, because I 've been teached how to behave, thanks to my parents.

And, for your information, you probably haven't the slightest clue of what the "subject" of this song is about. I can't blame you, most people don't.
You think it's evil? You think it's about being a "bad guy"??...
Well, not in the sense you're thinking of I guess.
I wrote this song after breaking up with my last girlfriend. She was involved in a long term relationship when we met. She left the guy for me. It lasted less than a year and eventhough I broke up with her in a "decent way" (= I didn't just runaway as a coward), I really felt as a M*therF*cker (see, I'm censuring myself) because she had left a solid relationship for something that didn't last more than a year.
I felt even worse considering it wasn't the first I was in this "situation".

I shouldn't have to explain (or justify for) a song if you want my opinion, but in this case... here you go.
Listen to the lyrics before judging the title.
"You wanna do me good/ And I know you could/ You want me to be yours/ 'Won't last more than 24 hours/ etc etc..".

So, sorry if this sounded shoking to you but when you say "You want to prove to me you are a genius", you're really being stupid.
I don't want (or have) to prove anything, specially to you! I know I'm not a genious, just a guys writing silly song on his own. I don't even pretend to be an artist!
This song was just a joke. The videoclip was just a joke.
It's not even the kind of songs that I usually write...

But ask yourself this question: why are so many people enjoying this stuff (I've received hundreds of friendly emails)?
Maybe because they understood the humour behind it.
So sad you didn't...
---------

You win!
You are right!
------

I did not realize that everyone was doing it!
If everyone is mugging old ladies, that makes it alright
--------

All destructive content is justified if in the context of a joke!
Why was that Jewish person offended by my Holocaust joke?
-------

If a million people love it, that means there cannot be anything wrong with it!
Heroine should be legal cause lots of people love it!
-------
If you have ever cursed once in your life, that means you are never in a position to argue that it could be offensive!
Once you have quit smoking, you are never entitled to argue that smoking is dangerous!

-------
The freedom to do anything proves that anything a person is free to do, must be alright!
Lets start up a web page for little kids and teach them all the cool ways to say "f yourself" cause they are gonna hear it anyway!

--------
I give up!
I had no right to share my opinion!
And aI should have consulted the the censorship committee before I said something you think should have been censored....

See the double standard?

I'm leaving this thread, too much confusion to sort through...

Hows about you did something you wanted to do, I shared my opinion, you are free to disagree with it, and you don't have to change my mind if you still want to entertain your point of view.
--------
No moral point of view goes unpunished...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- news   A real mother fucker   Sun 4 Sep 2005, 12:37
- - formatj   Wow, great stuff Mr T!!!!! well done.   Sun 4 Sep 2005, 12:37
- - soif   Absolutely great ! I love the Making-Of, esp...   Sun 4 Sep 2005, 12:53
- - Mr.T   Thanks guys. I have to say I'm specialy gifte...   Sun 4 Sep 2005, 16:31
- - synfever   I really liked this. Very catchy! Good work Mr...   Sun 4 Sep 2005, 18:41
- - georgelegeriii   How cool! George III   Sun 4 Sep 2005, 21:20
- - tunepoet   NOTE - Please, pardon my flawed grammar... Lovely...   Mon 5 Sep 2005, 00:23
- - Vincent Online   I thought this site was for professional decent pe...   Mon 5 Sep 2005, 02:17
- - thepzl   this is great! thanks, too bad americans are m...   Mon 5 Sep 2005, 06:12
- - makaala   brilliant!.. minimal equipment..true talent......   Mon 5 Sep 2005, 07:10
- - The Guitar God   Excellent video Mr. T. And I think the music is a...   Mon 5 Sep 2005, 11:43
- - Mr.T   Thanks guys, I really appreciate. Tunepoet, I thi...   Mon 5 Sep 2005, 12:14
- - Mr.T   QUOTE (Vincent Online @ Sep 5 2005, 03:17)I t...   Mon 5 Sep 2005, 14:07
- - Doume 01   QUOTE 1 - You want to prove to me you are a genius...   Mon 5 Sep 2005, 14:10
- - soif   BTW if any our our fellow macmusic members would s...   Mon 5 Sep 2005, 15:27
- - Antoanto   I can't believe it!! "Evil ain...   Mon 5 Sep 2005, 16:13
- - melenko   Nuclear bomb is "evil", wapons are ...   Mon 5 Sep 2005, 18:35
- - Doume 01   i'd even add "bush is evil" besid...   Mon 5 Sep 2005, 19:25
- - ropey_wan   That was great Mr T! Very inspiring.   Tue 6 Sep 2005, 01:33
- - tunepoet   this is great! thanks, too bad americans are m...   Tue 6 Sep 2005, 02:27
- - thepzl   thanks again, and screw the language issues, art i...   Tue 6 Sep 2005, 02:42
- - tunepoet   I would like to formally apologize for having an o...   Tue 6 Sep 2005, 03:28
- - fastlanephil   -God Bless America- God Bless America. Land that ...   Tue 6 Sep 2005, 04:36
- - makaala   all of this discourse is healthy... see how many p...   Tue 6 Sep 2005, 05:46
- - soif   Could we please turn back from political thoughts ...   Tue 6 Sep 2005, 07:54
- - Mr.T   QUOTE (tunepoet @ Sep 6 2005, 04:28)I would l...   Tue 6 Sep 2005, 11:23
- - Doume 01   QUOTE Could we please turn back from political tho...   Tue 6 Sep 2005, 12:03
- - charliemak   Enough! behave already. give peace a chance an...   Tue 6 Sep 2005, 17:01
- - celticdale   QUOTE (Mr.T @ Sep 4 2005, 15:31)Thanks guys. ...   Tue 6 Sep 2005, 18:05
- - Mr.T   Amen !...   Tue 6 Sep 2005, 18:05
- - editbrain   shut up! ALL OF YOU!!   Wed 7 Sep 2005, 02:25
- - lancet   great video...   Thu 6 Oct 2005, 13:26

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 18 Oct 2024, 09:30
- © 440 Forums 2011