MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Firewire 410/forewire Problem?
martiansrevenge
post Fri 26 Aug 2005, 21:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,040

Alrighty,so a couple weeks ago I purchased a 410 for my powermac g5 1.8 SP right out the box it did not work computer would not reconize it. I tried reinstalling the drivers numerous times and bought a new cable still nothing. Tech support suggested upgrading from 10.3.7 to 10.3.9. Before I did this I sent the 410 back and got a new one in the meantime I did the software upgrades.

I have never had anything else plugged into the computer that is firewire. The device does power I get the flashing blue light. When I go to the system profile I get no information for the device tree but only if the 410 is plugged in without it it's normal.

The only thing I can think of is the firewire port on the computer is bad but I'm having a hard time comprehending that since it's new and I never used it before and it does power the device.

Anyone got any advice before I lug the computer out to have the firewire tested? Similiar problem?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
terrywil
post Mon 29 Aug 2005, 23:20
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,767

Yes, I had to do the reinstall a couple of times. However, if you've done that several times, then I don't know what further to try. In addition to repair permissions, you might also repair disk, if you haven't already.

--------------------
"...I just don't know...it sounds funny."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac G5, dual 2.0 GHz, MOTU 828 MkII interface, Virus TI Keyboard, Genelec 1029A and Mackie HR824 monitors, Mackie Control Universal, Presonus Eureka and ART DPS II preamps, Presonus Central Station, AKG C1000S and C3000 mics. Logic Pro 7.2, Trilogy, Stylus, Atmosphere, Native Instruments Komplete 2.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 25 Sep 2024, 15:32
- © MacMusic 1997-2008