MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Recording Live Shows Eticuette, general advice needed
Seth Peterson
post Fri 5 Aug 2005, 03:32
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 62,759

I'm trying to get into recording bands on location. I am not shure of a few thinkgs like, how to handle the house engineer. Is His word is the way?
How Much would you charge for a multi track digital recording, Any ideas on how to Judge cost. Any general advice for Doing on location recording for small bands. Any advice/stories would be great. any websites wih articles or stories of advce about on location recording/culture would also be great. Any ideas of finding a mentor in south lake tahoe and becoming a millionair?
thanks

--------------------
Mac Book Pro Intel 2 duo, 2.16 2gb ram, Cubase 4, Reason 3.5, Peak, motu 828mkII, OctoPre Le, some mics and Ideas, and your helpful tips.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Seth Peterson
post Thu 25 Aug 2005, 20:46
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 62,759

Thanks for the advice. I've heard that you can pay the bills if you can get a good recordeding from a live show, but it seems that I should take peoples advice with a grainofsalt. Someone house engineer told me he makes about 300$ for recording a show, and the venue is only about 400 people. I know about working with the house enginneer and have a setup to plug into his system and setup some of my own mics. Laptop multitrack with some pre's and such.

I'm trying to figure out my options for jobs that will keep me close to music. I have invested some money and like recording so I thought that I would try to see if the equipment would payfor itself after awhile.

Anyclues on how the guys at festivals get their jobs, what they use, or any general info. Working at Bonaroo or High seirra music Fest would be a great way to spend my summer.

--------------------
Mac Book Pro Intel 2 duo, 2.16 2gb ram, Cubase 4, Reason 3.5, Peak, motu 828mkII, OctoPre Le, some mics and Ideas, and your helpful tips.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 7 Jun 2024, 04:03
- © 440 Forums 2011