MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Pci/firewire Audio Interface Options, Best buy?
Neilsonite
post Fri 23 Aug 2002, 05:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,065

Hi everyone, this is my first post, so be nice...

I'm buying a dual 867 G4 for midi programming (Reason) and audio recording (probably Logic, when it comes out for OS X), and I need some advice about audio interface options.

I will mostly be recording one or two tracks at a time (guitar/bass/vocals/keys), but will also want to record drums (which obviously requires more tracks). So, I figure I need an interface with 8 or so inputs, 2 of which have good preamps. This way, I can record guitars/vocals whenever I want, and when I want to record drums I can hire a good mixer and mikes and use up to 8 (or so) inputs (without having to pay up front for 8 good preamps, which I will rarely use).

So, I need:
- 8 audio inputs, 2 with good preamps
- 24/96
- MIDI would be good
- OS X support
- Firewire strikes me as cool, but PCI would also be fine
- Not stupidly expensive

Any recommendations? I've been thinking about MOTU 828/896, Presonus Firestation, M-Audio Delta 1010-LT, Edirol DA-2496...
Most of these have some compromises, are there any others I should be looking at? Anyone have any info on new hardware coming as a result of Apple's Emagic acquisition that I should be waiting for?

Thanks!
Neilsonite

P.S. Sorry this post is a bit long...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Synthetik
post Tue 3 Sep 2002, 01:29
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,668

Hey I didn't notice the 48KHZ thing either and I talked to the rep. Reps suck! angry.gif

--------------------
BING BING BLEEP ERRRRRRR[I]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 30 Sep 2024, 23:18
- © MacMusic 1997-2008