MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Presonus Firepod, Anybody usin' it?
whickus
post Sun 24 Oct 2004, 07:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,009

Is anyone out there using the FirePod yet? I have a friend looking to buy a PowerBook (finally taking my advice) and I'm curious to know about anyone's good or bad experiences. I hear OS 10.3.5 has the drivers already installed...I love Apple.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
SadPandas
post Sun 14 Aug 2005, 01:02
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,616

I am using the Firebox and have been happy with it so far. Im using it with the cubase l.e. that was packaged with it. The pre amps sound nice and warm to my novice ears and it was very easy to set up since, as someone stated earlier, there were no driver issues since the firebox uses the native audio drivers that were made by apple. I was thinking of upgrading from 10.3.8 to 10.4.2 but found that cubase l.e.'s installer (the one that is provided by presonus in the bundle on earlier purchases) wouldn't work on clean install of tiger so i called Presonus and a week later recieved an updated cubase l.e. disc. Anyyway, if the firepod sounds anything like the firebox then i am sure you will be pleased but then again i use it for very basic things like recording guitars from my podxt pro and i have never used any other interfaces other than the mkii that we have down at the space. good luck with your purchase.

pandas

--------------------
*2 x 2.8 Quad MacPro, 6Gb ram, 512vram, Logic 9
*2 x 2.0 G5, Everything else.... These lists bum everyone out... ;(
*Power Book 1.67, 2Gb ram, 128vram, 100hd, PodXtPro, Firebox, Logic 8, Live 7."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 10 Aug 2024, 12:41
- © MacMusic 1997-2008