MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Logic Express And Midi Output, MIDI output going through keyboard
lacmackay
post Thu 14 Jul 2005, 09:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,755

Hi everyone,

I've just gotten Logic Express 7. I have a Tascam US-428 and have connected that to the midi ports on my keyboard. I can record the midi but the audio during recording comes out of the keyboard speakers as well as my monitors which are connected to the US-428 via RCA outputs.

Even worse, when i play back what I have recorded, it only comes through the keyboard and no sound comes out the monitors at all.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lacmackay
post Thu 21 Jul 2005, 05:57
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,755

Hi,

I have a Casio CTK-601 keyboard. There is a setting in the MIDI section that is named 'local' and I turned that off, but i still have the MIDI and click going through the keyboard speakers during recording and playback. The audio out on the keyboard isn't plugged into anything because the midi recorded on Logic should go through the US-428 and out the audio output on that to the monitors, shouldn't it? As I said, Garage band is able to take the MIDI recorded from my keyboard and play it through the monitors so I can't understand why Logic express can't. I shouldn't have to have audio out on the keyboard plugged into anything, or am I totally wrong? Thanks for your help guys.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 19 Sep 2024, 17:21
- © MacMusic 1997-2008