MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Help With Audio, sound file on web site?
handmadetk
post Mon 19 Aug 2002, 20:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,979

My Webpage wink.gif

Hi, I have just set up a website for my job as a luthier, making electric guitars, basses and mandolins and I am wanting to include a sound clipping of the instruments. We have an imac dvd+ computer, and am not sure how to make a digital imput to record. Any suggestions most gratefully received!!
Sandy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Presto
post Mon 26 Aug 2002, 11:16
Post #2

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,984

I've just looked at your website and it seems you are after very high quality sound for your instruments. If you don't find a local to do the recording for you, I agree with Synthetic, the Mbox solution is appropriate. You probably need to keep your recordings short but of the best possible quality - short so the prospective customer doesn't have to wait ages before hearing it. Perhaps you'll even provide a downloadable catalogue.

What else do you need? Good mics (nice flat recording curve up to 20KHz) require 48volt phantom power. The SM57 does not require this and, although it can almost be used as a hammer on gigs, it only records sounds well up to 10KHz then drops to zero at 15KHz.

You'll need good phones too for monitoring. I like my Beyer DT250.

The Mbox provides phantom power, preamp, audio/digital conversion, mic/line/instrument input etc. The music app that comes with it, Protools LE, will let you make and organise audio files easily then convert them to the format you want for your website.

I've a feeling that 16bit recording may be enough as you are not going to modify the sound, but if you do use 24bit then convert to 16bit, you may need a special plugin (extra bit of software). Protools will do it without the plugin but not as well, apparently. Mr T can advise you on this as I haven't got to this stage yet.

It may sound alot to learn but it's really quite simple. Still, if you do encounter problems, just come back here and ask.

--------------------
Without shit, we wouldn't be here ;)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 27 Sep 2024, 22:13
- © MacMusic 1997-2008