MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Help With Audio, sound file on web site?
handmadetk
post Mon 19 Aug 2002, 20:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,979

My Webpage wink.gif

Hi, I have just set up a website for my job as a luthier, making electric guitars, basses and mandolins and I am wanting to include a sound clipping of the instruments. We have an imac dvd+ computer, and am not sure how to make a digital imput to record. Any suggestions most gratefully received!!
Sandy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Synthetic
post Wed 21 Aug 2002, 19:31
Post #2

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,082

well there are many possibilites... it depends on how good of quality you want to get out of the instruments and how much money you are willing to spend. You could actually use the built-in mic and simple sound to record short samples then use a free app like SoundApp fournd at most shareware sites like cnet.com to convert the audio to a .wav file. But if you want something with more professional results... at the cheapest you can go with an imic for $40 US and then get a nice mic such as a Sure SM57 to record instruments. You might want to consider a better audio app too and there lie a ton more possibilites depending on how much you want to spend.

Ideally I would suggest getting a nice 2 channel interface with built-in preamps like the Mbox, Quattro... etc. If file size is important for your sounds... you might want to compress the samples into mp3 or .ra files from there. There are a lot of variables the revolve around quality and cost... I suggest going to www.sweetwater.com and look at their stuff. Then contact them on phone... you can consult with them and they will help point you in the right direction for your needs. You can contact my rep, David at ext. #1398 if you like. He is very helpful and they have the best customer support in the business. Just tell him Dean from Ohio sent you if do call ;-) If you compare their prices... they are sometimes 5%-10% higher on some things compared to say musiciansfriend.com but I pay the extra sometimes just to get the support which is 24/7 I think and if there is ever a problem... they will even pay for shipping on returns which most others don't offer.

Hope that helps a little. wink.gif

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 26 Jun 2024, 17:34
- © MacMusic 1997-2008