MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> This Is Where I'm At, a start to digital music...
Groove75
post Thu 14 Apr 2005, 01:16
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,510

So this is where I'm at... I've always loved music. I knew that one day I would make music... being a little of a Mac nut, I decided that I would do it electronically... So went out and got a good Mac, a M-audio midi player... and now I'm undecided with what software to go with to start... not that I want to stay with one app, I just want to know which software would let me explore and learn how to make your own music.. à la électronic...

What I want to do with music is to mix new or old vocals with music that I sample or create. Giving new life to maybe forgotten songs.

Thanks all!

--------------------
MicroT
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
bluemercedes
post Thu 14 Apr 2005, 05:48
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 63,773

Groove,
I have a G3 PowerBook (Pismo). Misfortune has kept me from moving on to a new G4 PowerBook so the Pro-Tools M-Box I bought a year ago remains in the box. And I know nothing of GarageBand; it doesn't work on G3. But, I do run Reason 2.5 using M-Audio Ozone 25-key board. If you're interested in making electronic music this is one way to go. It's not simple, but you can make very sophisticated and professionally sounding music with Reason very quickly. There are quite a number of electronic musicians at http://www.sectionzmusic.com/ and many of them use Reason. You might check in and ask around after listening to tracks. Hi fi. If you're interested in surf house music here's a simple sample of my stuff, done with Reason 2.5:
bluemercedes surf house Junior!Junior!
(use phones or good speakers)
Good luck,
blue

This post has been edited by bluemercedes: Thu 14 Apr 2005, 05:49
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Tue 1 Oct 2024, 13:41
- © PcMusic 1997-2007