MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Somebody Give Some Advice, Please!
gellybean
post Fri 21 Jan 2005, 22:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,921

I would like to go to NYC this summer to pursue a singing career but I can't afford it. Any idea where I could find a sponsor?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
beltunabob
post Tue 25 Jan 2005, 17:00
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,076

Another newbie here, appreciating all patient advice.
I have q G4 tower 1G 512mb. Running Audacity and 'trialing' several notation programs (Finale, Harmony Assitant etc).
I have two older keyboards, a KORG SG-iD that is missing some of it's funational electronics, and a Roland hobby keyboard. Both have midi ins and outs.

For now, I have a mic to eurorack plugged into the tower.

I need a way to plug midi into the computer, via USB or firewire, for both inputting notes and recording

Two choices are the MOTU 88mkll or Fastlane. Assuming my keyboards 'work' is that all I need?

If I do need a new keyboard or workstation, what would be a good choice? I would like something that has good action and would replace my other keyboards.

I have a limited music budget. I plan on getting garageband. But I would prefer to spend most of the money I'm saving on a new acoustic instrument (accordion or bandoneon.)

thanks

Boba
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 15 Oct 2024, 16:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008