MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Mixer Setup Suggestions?, not sure what to do now..
Drifta
post Fri 15 Oct 2004, 16:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,642

Hello all,

I've come to an interesting point in the growth of my studio and I'm a bit stuck on where to go now. Just a brief rundown of what I've got:

3 mixers:
16 channel which i'm using as my main board (mackie 1604).
24 channel rack thay i'm running all the synths/sampler to (this has a submix bus).
8 channel that i'm going to use for analogue instruments (has stereo out and monitor out).

recording:
ADAT (not in use at the moment)
Mac G3 (yosemite) with M-Audio Delta 44.

Right now I have the mains from the 24ch and 8ch running to 4channels (2 stereo) on the 16ch. I have delta mains (2ch) also to the 16ch.

The problem is that I want to be able to do live jam recording without mixing it stereo first. The same problem occurs with synth recording, I either record 1 synth at a time or mix multiple synths to stereo and record that. I think it would be better to have each source on it's own track.

Is there a way to do this without buying like a 16 input recording interface? If I were to get a more recordable ins, how would I set up the mixers so that I could utilize them? Something like direct outs to a patchbay? I guess I'm just getting confused about what to do now to grow. I'd like to have a drumset somewhere (another at least 4 channels of input needed)..

I'm starting to get a bit tangled here thinking of what/how to write this stuff in an understandable way. Perhaps it would be easiest to stop here and try answering questions you might have. I'll run down what I have as far as sound sources:

approx 32 ch of synth outs
up to 16 ch of analogue outs
the 3 mixers
and 4 ch audio ins from sound card.

...ok. now i'm gettin' batty blink.gif .

i'll answer any questions you have, and would LOVE suggestions on gear, setup or other that you might have!!!

thanks,
John
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Drifta
post Tue 14 Dec 2004, 16:23
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,642

heya majn,

thanks! i'll give it a look this morning. i'd hate to spend > $500 on empty space hehehe.
sounds you've done what i was thinking i need to do. do you have any pics? would like to see how it turned out.

cheers,
|)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 4 Jun 2024, 23:57
- © MacMusic 1997-2008