MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Suggestions On A Basic Recording Setup, which way to go?
JPSpecial
post Thu 4 Nov 2004, 03:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,548

I am thinking about purchasing an Mbox to record audio. I'm fine with recording only two inputs at once, but am concerned about latency issues when recording over existing tracks. Sounds like a real drag. Is this a big issue? Was there some fix for this problem in Pro Tools LE 6.4?

Would you actually recommend any other setup for my simple recording needs? Primarily acoustic guitar, voice, bass, and some percussion. I'd like a relatively simple DAW and a reliable interface. Several people have recommended Logic Express, but others have said it is complicated to learn. I have messed around with Audacity and was pleased with its ease of use but am unsure about a compatible audio interface. My internal mic on the Imac sounded decent but certainly not of the quality one can get from a good condenser mic.

Your help is much appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
gif_silver
post Thu 4 Nov 2004, 11:57
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,024

Hi! I just bought a 667mhz powerbook tit because it has 9 + 10 on it, although i could have bought a new one just with 10 on it. I"m worried now because my 002 rack won't allow more than 2 tracks to be played at a time... he's complaining that there ain't enough hardware buffering! Is it possible that the processor is too small or is it just a case of ram? the guy i bought the mac off is really narchy since i asked him to take it back (i read on the DD site that 867mhz is the minimum requirement for mac osx PT) and claims the processor only needs to be a minimum of 400 mhz! I would be really really grateful for any support regarding this topic because i'm under pressure!!!
thank ing you in ad vance
ju
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 24 Sep 2024, 01:33
- © MacMusic 1997-2008