MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Networking Options - G4 Tower To G3 Ibook, Networking know-how
soundsmitten
post Tue 2 Nov 2004, 19:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,223

Hello again,

Well I just recently added a G3 iBook (800Mghz) to my home studio!!! smile.gif She's proven to be a great little machine, perfect for my live performance needs when used outside of my studio...

However, what i would really like to explore is networking my 2 mac's together (sanz Airport) so I can quickly and effortlessly share files back and forth, as well as perhaps even syncronizing my music software (Cubase SX, Reason, Ableton Live and Traktor)using both computers over a simple network! How can I Rewire or use OSC over this network to super charge my studio? Can it be done?

(Btw my Studio's Powermac is a Dual 1 Ghz G4 and both my ibook and Powermac are running Panther)

Also as a side note: I have two Lacie external firewire Harddrives with dual Firewire ports on em, and imagine it would be great to access these from both computeres simultaniously if possible. Is this possible? Can I have both my Mac's attached to and accessing files off these harddrives at the same time?

Thanks to you for your time in reading this inquiry, I'll really appreciate any advice from you folks out there who are savey to networking mac's together for music production purposses. Hopefully this thread will grow and turn out to be a helpfull one for everyone else who is also interested in this topic. smile.gif

[FONT=Arial]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 2 Oct 2024, 01:35
- © MacMusic 1997-2008