MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Expanding To Audio, What setup?
Ambeintz
post Tue 5 Oct 2004, 22:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,675

Hm,I've been playing around with MIDI and GarageBand for the past 6 months and ive really enjoyed it.But im a bit restless and I want something a little more competent,something that i can use for recording my sax as well as midi ...so basically a USB/FW soundcard and some kind of sequencer.Can anyone recommend anything? smile.gif

my current set up is:
iBook G3 600mhz,640MB ram
Emagic MT4 MIDI interface, a midi keyboard and garageband..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
kaboombahchuck
post Mon 11 Oct 2004, 06:10
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,003

Metro has changed a bit. I don't use external synths much any more, but with the advent of core midi things have become much better. Seems Metro still uses the old "cakewalk" patch names.. same as used with OMS.

The true step forward has come with the usabilities of softsynths and soundfonts (IMO). With the ability to render midi to audio using internal synths has vastly improved sound quality, ease of use, and speed.

There have been other leaps, such as the ability to utilize loops, able to pitch sift, and time shift.

CPU usage is now at or below that of logic.

There is a "G4" eddition spicificaly designed for the arcitecture of the G4 and G5 systems.

It aslo supports rewire.

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 6 Jun 2024, 20:00
- © MacMusic 1997-2008