MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Need A Simple Sequencer, OS X Sequencer
RobWall
post Wed 29 Sep 2004, 03:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 52,047

I'm a new member...Ten years ago, after getting a Roland JV-35, I purchased a package deal of a MIDI interface, BAND-IN-A-BOX, and an Opcode program called MusicShop. I used it with a Macintosh running System 7.1. The whole package cost less than $75. MusicShop was a baby version of Opcode's Vision program. It was a simple 16 track sequencer that let me record or import MIDI data and edit it any way I wished. It included a notation view as well as piano roll view.
Four months ago I got a Mac G5 running OS X 10.3. None of my old programs would recognize a USB port, so I have had to upgrade everything. I have a new Band-In-A-Box, and new Finale 2004. I have been unable to find a cheap, usable MIDI sequencer program that would do what MusicShop did. Opcode is now dead. I hate to pay for a Cadillac professional program when my needs are fairly simple. I just use the JV-35 as my only input device. I only use it for home or church use. I have downloaded a demo version of Master Tracks that comes close to what I need, but still doesn't do what MusicShop did.
Can someone advise me what is available that would meet my needs.
Thank you.

Thanks.

Bob
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
PhilTrueman
post Wed 29 Sep 2004, 13:17
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,388

Hi Bob,

I also cut my teeth on MusicShop - brilliant. As shaneblyth says - you have Garageband and MetroSE - but take a look at Intuem http://www.intuem.com/ originally that looked like MusicShop with an eyecandy interface - it seems to be growing and improving all the time.

PT
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 19 Sep 2024, 17:48
- © MacMusic 1997-2008