MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Novation Remote 25 And Panther, Doesn't work!
breeyark
post Tue 25 Nov 2003, 04:48
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,625

I was wondering if there was anyone out there that can help me.....because I'm almost at the end of my rope. But then again, I am an ex-studio guitar player turned telecom engineer that is getting back into recording, and maybe I'm missing something because I'm a Neubie at all this!

I own a Powerbook G4 running Panther (I know, big mistake there), and I have this funky Movation RMT 25. I've installed the OSX drivers from Novations website, and in AMS everything looks good. A pretty icon of the RMT 25 comes up. I plug it into my USB port, and it becomes active. So far so good.

I then go to configure the MIDI ports. AMS tells me that they do not exist! I then go to configure them...nothing. When I hit <Apply> to jump out, a message comes up that says.....

Invalid SysEx Value

There was an error applying the new system exclusive value. Please choose an integer value between 0 and 127.

.....and there is no way to choose any value. I must be missing something here, but I don't know what.

Just as a note.....I've got Logic Plat. V6 installed as well, would that be a problem? I'm not running it when I do this.

Also, the USB port on my Mac is USB 2.0.....would that affect anything?

Has anyone had any luck with configuring AMS on Panther for the RMT25 and got the MIDI ports to come up?

Thanks,

Dennis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
breeyark
post Wed 26 Nov 2003, 19:24
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,625

Just to let everyone know.......got a reply from Novation, and it looks like the present OSX driver for the RMT25 doesn't work correctly for Panther (10.3). They are working on a rev. 2.0 driver due out in December, so until then, anyone with a RMT 25 needs to use midi io for it to work.

Dennis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 20 Oct 2024, 13:35
- © MacMusic 1997-2008