MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Oms Recognition Problems, OMS recognition problems
chet
post Sat 23 Aug 2003, 08:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,467

Dear Mac-music readers-

I am currently setting up Pro Tools LE version 5.1.1 on a Mac G4 dual 1ghz. I installed the Pro Tools software and was attempting to configure OMS when I ran into a snag. I have my midi devises set up in a chain as follows: Digi 001 out to Yamaha DX7II in, DX7II out to Emu Orbit in, Orbit thru to Kurzweil MicroPiano in, MicroPiano thru to Alesis NanoBass in, Nanobass out/thru to Digi 001 in. When I go through the steps to configure my studio in OMS, it recognizes my Digi 001 and the first devise in my chain, my controller, a Yamaha DX7II, but nothing beyond that. If I use the “customize” feature in OMS and manually enter the other devises, and then try the “test studio” feature in OMS, I get no midi response from the devises. Is the chain that I have stated non-functional or is there some setting on one of the devises that I need to change? I will eventually be using Emagic’s Logic Platinum 5 as my sequencer, but I first need to get my midi devises to communicate. Any input you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Chet
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
lepetitmartien
post Fri 26 Sep 2003, 03:05
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

You're chaining way too many MIDI devices on one port only. Try with 3 at most for the others you'll need a second port.

The MIDI standard works ok up to 3 devices or less on the same port (even if all channels are not used). After 3 devices roblems arise, timing goes bonkers… rolleyes.gif

Note that the DX7 as an early MIDI device can be a bit a bit uncooperative. (not transmiting data etc).

Hope it'll help wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 4 Oct 2024, 07:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008