MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Mac Os X Tiger And Music Production
xtr3mist
post Mon 5 Sep 2005, 09:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,432

i have a dual 1.8 g5 with 1.24 megs of ram. the two main programs i use are reason 3 and live 4. when i bought this system i never thought i would be having performance issues. my older g4 seems to have given me better performance back in the day. when rewire is on it can slow down so much when both programs start to add in more complex sounds to the point of not even being able to make the damn song anymore with how choppy it can get. forcing me to make changes and tweaks blindly, exporting, then listening to the audio file. i really want a different solution to this. i've heard that other mac os's run faster, but i really have no idea what to do. i'm willing to buy more memory but im finding this ridiculous
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Psychoprick
post Mon 5 Sep 2005, 10:35
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,474

Have you put the sytem performance on highest?
System preffs> Energy>Options>processorpeed.

Maybe this works....otherwise... maybe clean-up your sytem. Restore permissions.

If that doesn't help you can watch wat eats up RAM with one of the System utillities -in Dutch "activiteiten weergave"- so in English it should be called something like "activity overview".

Hope it helps...otherwise state all specifics you are running.

--------------------
IMac G5 20" 1GB OSX 10.3.9, Imac G3 400Mhz 512MB OSX 10.2.8
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 21 Sep 2024, 20:28
- © MacMusic 1997-2008