MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> IControl shipping this week ?, Computer Hardware
_news_
post Tue 28 Jun 2005, 21:24
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

IControl shipping this week ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Aure Dextra
post Tue 28 Jun 2005, 21:24
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,525

Hmmm...

It certainly wouldn't be the first time the M-Audio/Midiman announced a product they couldn't deliver - anyone remember the 'Surface One'?:

http://www.studioimaginaire.com/surfaceone/index.html

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Tue 28 Jun 2005, 22:38
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

The surface One was a mistake from ground up, Even the Dr Moog decided to drop the same material for the pad of the Voyager, just too rocket science to be usable wink.gif

Now, this control surface, there's nothing fancy, so it should just be out! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Aure Dextra
post Wed 29 Jun 2005, 14:05
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,525

I agree - certainly the iControl is seemingly basic enough that there shouldn't be any excuse for M-Audio not to deliver it in a timely fashion.

However, while I agree that the Tactex material M-Audio was using for the Surface One may have been too complicated to implement, I think the Surface One had the potential to be quite a revolutionary and versatile controller had they been able to make it work - I'm sure there's even some alternative materials to Tactex that they could have considered instead (think about Apple's PowerBook Trackpad - perhaps that technology could even have worked?). Anyway, I don't think it would have been a "mistake" had they actually followed through and released a working version of the product, the mistake was to announce a product that could not be delivered (M-Audio: don't make the same mistake with iControl!!!)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 20 Sep 2024, 14:41
- © 440 Forums 2011