MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> 
alexf1975
post Mon 28 Jan 2002, 03:37
Post #1

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,192

i just downloaded realbasic, and there is a plugin called 'DxMidi' but it is impossible to access to the site to download it (cabanis.com) ....?

other basics don't seem to deal with MIDI... maybe is there any simple docs somewhere on how to send/receive MIDI commands to OMS from a BASIC programming soft?

P.S: i use a PM 7600 with Mac OS 7.6.1 or 9. and i've got an opcode' Translator pro midi interface.

alexandre flet from paris
no.spam.alexf1975@yahoo.fr
(clear 'no.spam.' before sending mail)
xx 33 (0)1 53 04 04 02
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
geedoubleyou
post Wed 30 Jan 2002, 00:11
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,293

Check out Cycling '74 they make the application Max, an object oriented enviornment for midi.

http://www.cycling74.com/index.html

The iSynth product was produced using Max, you can also develope VST plugins.

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
alexf1975
post Wed 30 Jan 2002, 03:45
Post #3

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,192

Thanks for your answer.

In fact, I downloaded Max, and well, Started to read the manual.
but... I'm looking for a Basic language for three reasons:

-I've got to translate an old release of my project that was in GFA Basic (atari ST)

-For the virtual instrument that i want to built, with lots of notes and thousands of volume controller midi messages, I want the MIDI timing to be as perfect as possible. I believe more in a traditionnal computer language form, than in a 'real time effect' program (even if Max may be a unique thing for many aplication).( I do not want to make the whole program in Max and after, to experiment delays, even in Milliseconds)

-I used Basic for years

other question more difficult:
I'd like to make (if it's possible) a way for Midi commands like this:

MIDI IN of the Mac --> Sequenceur MIDI* --> BASIC Language  -->MIDI OUT of the mac  

*(S.V.Pro ou cubase)

does someone know if any technical support exist somewhere for this kind of questions ?

thanks

alexandre flet de paris

no.spam.alexf1975@yahoo.fr
(clear 'no.spam.' before sending mail)
xx 33 (0)1 53 04 04 02

+Quote Post
Francois Déchery
post Sat 2 Feb 2002, 01:18
Post #4

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 11

You should find some interesting links here:
http://www.macmusic.org/links/Computer/Sof...re/Programming/

(BTW don't hesitate to add to MacMusic Links, some interesting links you could find while surfing...)

about;
MIDI IN of the Mac --> Sequenceur MIDI* --> BASIC Language  -->MIDI OUT of the mac
i dont know your syntax here (objects?) but if the idea is to intercept the midi from the output of the midi sequencer, processing with an application, and then put it to the midi out, i would suggest to learn OMS, specially building a driver for an apps, or use the IAC driver that provide Inter Applications Communications. OMS allow you to do this, whenever you know how to talk to him.

I dont remember, but i thaught that the realbasic MIDI driver provide an interface with OMS (not sure) You should find a way to download it first. ;-)

hth

--------------------
Soif, MacMusic Webmaster

440Software, our new audio software directory

440Software, notre nouveau site sur les logiciels audio pour Mac, PC et iPhone/iPad

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 16 Oct 2024, 21:58
- © MacMusic 1997-2008