MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Getting Midi Notes To Play Sounds, Can't hear anything..
dulla
post Tue 23 Mar 2004, 18:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,108

I am new at this so i don't really know if this is possible...I have an mpc2000xl hooked up to protools 6.2.3 le via midisport 2x2 ('out' of mpc to 'in' of midisport channel A). I do not have the 'out' of the midisport connected back to the 'in' of the mpc.

Anyway when i create a midi track and record in protools as my mpc is playing, all of the midi notes get recorded in pro tools as i have set each track to channel out to the midisport. But how do i hear the sounds? The mpc has .pgm files that contain sounds that the midi sequence triggers. Is it possible for these sounds to be transfered via midi, or in any way to be played back by the midi sequence in pro tools (received by the mpc)? please help me.

ameen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
td3k
post Wed 24 Mar 2004, 04:25
Post #2

Member No.: 16,354

Try hooking the "out" of the MIDIsport to the in of your MPC, and set the MIDI channel of the sequencer track to the same channel that the MPC is set to recieve on. (Prob 1 or maybe 10, or any if it is in Omni mode, bust out the manual if necessary.) Now, when you play the MIDI track back in ProTools it will trigger the notes on your MPC smile.gif You can edit, arrange or do whatever to the MIDI data, trigger the sounds on your MPC, and record the audio from the MPC back into ProTools. Now your audio is sync-recorded into your PT Session. I hope that wasn't confusing.

Hope that helps

TD

--------------------

+Quote Post
dulla
post Wed 24 Mar 2004, 07:05
Post #3

thanks! i can now play midi sequences in pro tools to trigger sounds on my mpc. however i still cannot figure out how record the audio from the MPC back into ProTools. will doing this eliminate the need for the mpc to be turned on for the sounds? will i need an audio track for this or can i still do it with midi? i would like to transfer everything into my pro tools session. thanks again.

ameen

+Quote Post
td3k
post Thu 25 Mar 2004, 05:17
Post #4

You are going to need to plug the audio outputs of the MPC into the mBox or (whichever). Create a stereo audio track in ProTools, and record enable it. If you want to be able to hear the Instrument thru PT while you are playing the song but not recording, you will want to make a stereo aux input track also.
Now, when you press record and play in PT the audio from the instrument will be recorded to disc. At this point it will be in PT as an audio track. Don't forget to bust out the manual if you need to.

TD

--------------------

+Quote Post
dulla
post Thu 25 Mar 2004, 07:48
Post #5

excellent. thanks so much for your help. it is working great now.

ameen

+Quote Post
td3k
post Thu 25 Mar 2004, 15:00
Post #6

Cheers, now go and make your track!

TD

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 19 Oct 2024, 23:31
- © MacMusic 1997-2008