MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> M-audio-firewire 410/ Firewire Problem
martiansrevenge
post Fri 26 Aug 2005, 21:24
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,040

Alrighty,so a couple weeks ago I purchased a 410 for my powermac g5 1.8 SP right out the box it did not work computer would not reconize it. I tried reinstalling the drivers numerous times and bought a new cable still nothing. Tech support suggested upgrading from 10.3.7 to 10.3.9. Before I did this I sent the 410 back and got a new one in the meantime I did the software upgrades.

I have never had anything else plugged into the computer that is firewire. The device does power I get the flashing blue light. When I go to the system profile I get no information for the device tree but only if the 410 is plugged in without it it's normal.

The only thing I can think of is the firewire port on the computer is bad but I'm having a hard time comprehending that since it's new and I never used it before and it does power the device.

Anyone got any advice before I lug the computer out to have the firewire tested? Similiar problem?

Thanks.

This post has been edited by martiansrevenge: Fri 26 Aug 2005, 21:31
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
martiansrevenge
post Fri 26 Aug 2005, 21:38
Post #2

Member No.: 69,040

Oops, I just noticed I should of posted this in the card and interface forum. I'm gonna move it on over.

+Quote Post
MoonDark
post Wed 7 Sep 2005, 17:48
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 38,206

I am having other kind or problem ... the 410 worked at the start , but now , when I want to listen some music , theres no audio output, and a weird buzzle sound ( very low ) is what I hear... any ideas?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 25 Sep 2024, 05:34
- © MacMusic 1997-2008