MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Help With Recording, audio recording help
deathly_lost
post Sat 22 Mar 2003, 22:23
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,742

Hi, newbie here,
I need help. I want to be able to record music from my acoustic guitar to my iMac. I have a Edirol UA-3D usb interface with guitar input, and a art tube pre-amp. Can I use what I have or is there something else needed. I don't need super quality recording, but I don't want a bunch of static either. Can someone help me out. Can I use what I have or is there something elso I need. Oh and I also have Pro Tools free.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
xingu
post Sat 22 Mar 2003, 23:12
Post #2

Member No.: 6,217

Hi there,

I don't see any reason why your setup wouldn't work. Just keep in mind that PT Free doesn't run under OSX yet, so you'll have to work in OS9.

+Quote Post
deathly_lost
post Sun 23 Mar 2003, 22:35
Post #3

Member No.: 14,742

i've tried setting it up this way and it does work, but I get lots of static. Would this be because of a bad connection or cable with the soundhole pickup? Should I get a condenser mic with a better cable?

+Quote Post
xingu
post Mon 24 Mar 2003, 00:24
Post #4

Member No.: 6,217

Static could come from a number of places, but your cable is the easiest thing to check first. You don't necessarily need to spend loads on a condensor mic - anything will sound better than a soundhole pickup. I use an SM-57 with decent enough results (like you, I don't need super high quality).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 19 Oct 2024, 20:15
- © MacMusic 1997-2008