MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guitar To Mac G4. What Do I Need?
Kyur4ThIch
post Thu 27 Mar 2003, 05:10
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,108

I recently got a MAC G4 OSX. I want to hook my guitar up to it and record music. I also want some ability to sequence and also include synth drum tracks. So I guess I need some sort of synthesiser?

My question is, what software and hardware do i need to make this happen? I heard about CUBASE - is that for me? What about hardware to get the guitar into the Mac?

Excuse me for being a complete novice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
natedogg2380
post Thu 27 Mar 2003, 06:40
Post #2

Member No.: 13,934

linkin park is the greatest! (have you gotten meteora?) well... it kinda seems like you want to use your guitar as a midi instrument. if that's true, then you need to get a guitar midi converter (I think Roland makes them). they are a considerable amount of money for a good one. or you could buy a midi guitar, but they're really bad so I don't recommend it. then you need to buy a midi interface... which is another $200 for a cheap one (actually, the audiophile 2496 by M-Audio is only about $100 if you look in the right places. it's a PCI card). then you need the midi program/synth...

+Quote Post
Kyur4ThIch
post Thu 27 Mar 2003, 08:20
Post #3

Member No.: 15,108

I got the METEROA CD + DVD set today. I am in Tokyo so it just arrived via AMAZON.com about 2hrs ago! Can't wait to check it out tonight. I don't think i need to go MIDI. I think I just need to get some sort of interface for the guitar. i am sure that MIDI is not the only way, or am I totally wrong?

+Quote Post
natedogg2380
post Thu 27 Mar 2003, 08:46
Post #4

Member No.: 13,934

oooh. I see what you want to do. Well first off, you definitley need an audio interface. Some cheaper, starter (but still pro) interfaces are the M-Audio Quattro, M-Audio Omni Studio, Tascam US-224, M-Audio Audiophile 2496, and various offerings from MOTU and other companies. Check out the hardware section of the forums. A sequencer like Cubase or Logic is what you seem to be looking for. I'm not much of an expert on sequencers. Synths I know though... Propellerheads Reason is by far the best synth out there. There also is a drum synth built into Cubase. Take a look at the "Essentials" thread. Basically, all you'll need is an audio interface, a sequencer such as Cubase or Logic, and a synth (I'm not sure you're going to need Reason, take a look at that Essentials thread)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 19 Oct 2024, 20:35
- © MacMusic 1997-2008