MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Midi, Audio, Ext. Hard Drive Tibook.
Halcyon
post Sun 8 Dec 2002, 20:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,694

Ok i wanna start using my tibook for mobile recording im running logic.... i wanna use a motu 828 but that uses my firewire port leaving me without a ext. hard drive...any solutions....Oh and i want it to run in osx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ryosode
post Sun 8 Dec 2002, 22:21
Post #2

Member No.: 2,270

Halcyon, I don't even know if you are bragging about your setup or you are asking a question. Let's assume this is a question. I guess you have 2 questions in here; FireWire Port issue and OS X issue.

As for FireWire port, you can get a FireWire hub and expand the number of ports available. There are plenty available out there. The other method is to stick a PCMCIA FireWire host (usually includes 2 FireWire ports?) into your TiBook and use it to connect to an external FireWire drive. Cost performance-wise, 828 is probably the best FireWire Audio I/O available out there.

Logic 5.5 for OS X is a fairly stable pice of software. 828's OS X driver is not up to date yet, but I hear the new driver is coming by the end of the year. Keep your eyes opened for MOTU.com as well as MacMusic.org.

+Quote Post
Halcyon
post Mon 9 Dec 2002, 00:43
Post #3

Member No.: 7,694

I'm sorry I should realy be specific. The firewire hub-answered my question pretty much....but will using a hub cause any latency issues?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 16:03
- © 440 Forums 2011