MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trying To Connect New Allen And Heath Zed 24 To My Imac
themythliveson
post Mon 29 Dec 2008, 00:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105,666

Ive recently purchased a Zed 24 and Imac computer....Logic recognizes the mixer in the audio controls.. but will only let me choose between inputs 1-2 ( the remain inputs(3-24) are visalbe but seem to be disabled am i missing something?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lancet
post Tue 30 Dec 2008, 02:21
Post #2

Member No.: 46,480

According to the manual there is only a stereo pair via Aux 1,2 or Aux 3,4 on the USB interface of the mixer. The return from USB is selectable, either 11-12 or to the mains.

Pages 24 and 25 describe a typical usage.

http://www.allen-heath.co.uk/zed/dl/AP6822...0ZED14_24UG.zip

--------------------

+Quote Post
themythliveson
post Tue 30 Dec 2008, 03:43
Post #3

the pages in the manual refer to A+H's Mixer compatibility with Sonar LE .. and im using Logic i have no problem recording throuch any two channels.. whether it be 1 and 4 or 6 and 8 .. the problem im running into is when i want to record any drums i need 8 simultaneous tracks recording..logic will only let me use 2 at any time... But all of the inputs are in the menu but are disabled... im still lost

+Quote Post
lancet
post Wed 31 Dec 2008, 02:12
Post #4

The way I read it, the mixer is only capable of a stereo pair in and a stereo pair out via USB.

8 channels @ 44.1 would be unheard of for USB 1.1

Good luck!

--------------------

+Quote Post
themythliveson
post Wed 31 Dec 2008, 02:33
Post #5

so am i supposed to not use the USB return and just run L/R 1/4" cables? from Aux 1-2 into My Interface ?

+Quote Post
lancet
post Wed 31 Dec 2008, 13:44
Post #6

QUOTE (themythliveson @ Tue 30 Dec 2008, 20:33) *
so am i supposed to not use the USB return and just run L/R 1/4" cables? from Aux 1-2 into My Interface ?

I'm not sure what that means but according the the manual it would go something like this...

(page 27)

Recording setup notes:
1. A studio type recording setup can use either the USB audio interface for recording to and playback from a computer or the REC OUT and 2 TRK IN sockets for recording to and playback from analogue format machines.
2. Optimum level record sends can be set up using the Auxes 1 & 2 which are pre-fade and therefore independent
of the mix fader levels. Just turn up the send on the channel you want to record from and press Aux 1-2 on the USB output selector if using a computer.
3. The song can be built up track by track using Auxes 1 & 2 to record the required channels, whilst mixing or monitoring using the faders which will not affect the recording level.
4. PFL & engineers monitoring can be connected to the ALT outputs.
5. The main L R outputs can be used to listen to the track via the USB return channel, or they can be used for direct
monitoring of the channels for latency-free foldback monitoring.
6. If additional external effects are required, use the Aux 3 or 4 outputs.
7. If Auxes 3 & 4 are not used for effects, they could be used for post fade (in place) studio monitoring for the performer. Turn up the sends on the channels you want in the foldback mix, just remember that they will be affected
by the channel fader.

I guess if you need to record 8 tracks simultaneously you would be better served by a different mixer. This one seems to be primarily designed for live stereo recording.

http://www.mackie.com/products/onyxfirewire/ w/firewire option would do the trick.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 25 Sep 2024, 06:17
- © MacMusic 1997-2008