MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Almost Crapped My Pants, over news of emagic & DD collaboration
FroBoy909
post Tue 29 Oct 2002, 09:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,753

ok, so maybe i exaggerated a little with the title, but this collaboration between pro tools and logic could serioulsy be something huge. my big question right now is whether this newfound friendship between the two godfathers of the biz will mean that i will at some point in the (hopefully near) future be able to use an awesome piece of machinery like the digi002 with an equally awesome program like logic; and, almost as cool, be able to use pro tools plugins with logic? i realize this might be a little too much to ask, but firewire makes me drool (literally) and it seems like pro tools has approximately 1 billion more plug-ins available than logic does.

--------------------
"we are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"
---willy wonka
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Presto
post Thu 31 Oct 2002, 07:31
Post #2

Maniac Member

Member No.: 3,984

Good crapping is a sign of good health. Still, my modest Digi gear comes with crappy help, which is not so good.

It's difficult to determine the underlying smell of the astonishing announcement, though.

--------------------
Without shit, we wouldn't be here ;)

+Quote Post
Teiwaz
post Sun 3 Nov 2002, 12:22
Post #3

Member No.: 8,882

Hi Froboy909. Maybe I can help illuminate the situation a little. cool.gif

You said:

"and it seems like pro tools has approximately 1 billion more plug-ins available than logic does."

You are correct in assuming...ie: it 'seems'... blink.gif

I think you got the 2 platforms mixed up. Also, Logic's plug-ins come free already built into it, but you only get a handful of digirack, or is that digicrap laugh.gif plug-ins with PT. They may throw in a couple of Bum Factory's, and a Bogusrite EQ, but there is not very much available in the way of "funky sounding" plug-ins on profools at all.

If Logic is a lush sonic paradise, then notools is the desert. You have to spend enormous amounts of money to have a HANDFUL of plug-ins on profools. Also, Logic's plug-ins are savvy, insofar as they automatically sync themselves to the tempo of the sequencer. What plug-in does that on profools?! wink.gif

Then when you also take into account that Logic's plugs are available with most available audio drivers except DAE, and that you can also run VST plugs on the same driver simultaeneously, then how can it be possible that dodgydesign can even begin to compete with this enormous tsunami of software technology crashing down on top of it's ugly fat head?

biggrin.gif

Summary: Never assume anything. It's good to be factual! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Nobody can take from you what you give freely.

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Mon 4 Nov 2002, 23:03
Post #4

Maniac Member

Member No.: 2,002

cool.gif

You can clean up the crap, they been together before, to implement PT's crude midi sequencer.

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 6 Oct 2024, 16:25
- © 440 Forums 2011