MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 707 & Logic Express Midi Question.., Drum machines and Logic
alcianblue
post Tue 1 Aug 2006, 21:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,436

I've been using a 707 drum machine and I tried to link it up via midi clock to lock the tempo in. The reason being is that I only have a 2 input Firewire system and I want to record and single out the tracks by themselves, like bass drum, snare, etc... When I clocked it, the beat still came off as not in sync. I tried doing this without sync'ing by recording each track seperate but it seems that the drum machine doesn't actually record precise when I try to line the tracks up.

Does anyone know if older drum machines get "off" of being on track? Is it possible I'm doing something wrong with the midi clocking?

Any help would be cool, I'm still learning how to utilize midi with Logic as well as working with this new old drum machine.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Wed 2 Aug 2006, 20:16
Post #2

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,002

Older machines may not support Midi timecode, from my experience simple midi sync is unreliable.

cool.gif

One solution would be to use the machine as a sound module, and sequence in Logic, then you could have seperate midi tracks for each piece of the drum kit, and be able to record the different parts without reconfigring audio outputs.

cool.gif

This post has been edited by gdoubleyou: Wed 2 Aug 2006, 20:19

--------------------
G-Dub
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Thu 19 Sep 2024, 23:03
- © PcMusic 1997-2007