MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mastering
Nazeer Holmes
post Wed 28 Apr 2004, 21:16
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,747

this is my first post. I hope I've done it correctly.
i'm running the latest version of dp4 and mach 5 on a Dual G5. I'm have trouble mastering my tracks. The manual is very breif when it come to virtual instrument rendering. After finishing my first piece, using all virtual instrumnets and midi tracks I realised that I could not just save the whole thing as a mp3 file? Is there a way to dump all my tracks to 2-track.
i sent all V.I. tracks to the same output of my 828mkii and back in. Then recorded that input as an audio track. I guess my question is, can't I do that within the digital environment? Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
azusa
post Thu 29 Apr 2004, 04:10
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,031

I think you can use the Freez thing, but I'm not sure how. I'm still in DP3 smile.gif

What I normally do is: Set a new stereo track and set the input to the same output you have on Mach5.
Then hit record and wait till the end (you can set the auto stop).

Once the record stop, go to the soundbite window and highlite the just finished soundbite and choose export to aiff "Joint stereo".
You can take this file to iTune and encode MP3.

+Quote Post
Nazeer Holmes
post Thu 29 Apr 2004, 12:59
Post #3

Member No.: 40,747

Thanks Azusa. That is excatly what i needed to do. Thanks

+Quote Post
cruiserman
post Sun 9 May 2004, 20:43
Post #4

Member No.: 42,412

I'm not a DP user so things may be slightly different, but in general what you should be doing is bouncing your mix down as a stereo AIFF or WAV track so that you have a stand alone audio file for copying onto CD or converting into an mp3 file using iTunes, or similar.

As far as mastering goes, that is something very different. The easiest solution to get your Stereo mix into a master quality audio file is to open it using T'Racks 24 (mastering software) and applying EQ, Limiting, etc (these come as presets - it's easy) and then processing the file as the master copy, you will not believe the difference it makes.

M cool.gif

--------------------
Feelin Funky for ya!
Check out some of my tracks here: http://www.letstalkmusic.com/cruiserman

+Quote Post
bingiobanks
post Wed 12 May 2004, 16:03
Post #5

Member No.: 42,960

bouncing and freezing is not the same thing.the best thing to do is freezing mach 5 to make an audio track and then bouncing all tracks with bus and effects and master fader (if you have one) to make a stereo track of your mix.export your stereo track in sd2 interleaved and change your stereo track in mp3( in itune for example)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 20 Sep 2024, 17:31
- © MacMusic 1997-2008