MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 
dockthepod
post Wed 15 Aug 2001, 03:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,120

Hi all. I posted on this topic a while ago...
I've had my new iBook for some time now and really need to get an input for music making. I really like the look of Audiosport Quattro usb but can't find a review of it anywhere... I just spoke on the phone to Musiciansfriend and apparently they are shipping... They are backordered on the site but they say that they are filling those orders everyday. Someone must have one of these little units out there. Why are there no reviews?
Is there anything comprable? I know that everyone loves the motu firewire deal but i don't have 700 bucks...
Thanks,
Josh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gundamrx288
post Tue 9 Oct 2001, 01:22
Post #2

Member No.: 1,966

i agree, there have been no really good reviews of the quattro. i own an ibook myself and i ahve been looking at the quattro. someone said that the quattro performs poorly on his tibook g4,so that concerns me greatly. the quattro looks like a problem solver to me, and i hope to get it, but if it does cause problems, especially on cubasis vst and what not, then it's not worth getting, is it?

thanks for your time.

+Quote Post
nathanan
post Tue 9 Oct 2001, 19:58
Post #3

Member No.: 1,807

hello,
i am, too, using the ibook running logic gold 4.7.3 and using emagic emi2/6 usb audio int. it seems to be working out really well, but i have not really tested with too many plug in instrument though. it supports asio and sound manager, on the mac, and pretty cool looking, as well. you may want to check it out.

+Quote Post
ryosode
post Wed 7 Nov 2001, 01:46
Post #4

Member No.: 2,270

I have Edirol UA-3. Trust me and don't get it. It seems to work fine with Windoze, but using it in OS 9 turned out to be an close to impossible task. I can barely use it with Digital Performer 3 but that's about it and even that is not perfect. I heard there is a ASIO driver developped by some guy out there but it will cost $50. I don't know if it's worth the price. Of course, I could be wrong, so if anyone has a good solution to this problem, please reply!

The only thing I am waiting for is audio recording solutions for OS X since UA-3 does work well with OS X and using it with a shareware called Sound Studio 1.5 for OS X gave me a quality recording.

So it all depends...

+Quote Post
brian holden
post Mon 19 Nov 2001, 05:01
Post #5

SuperHero

Member No.: 529

the ' asio driver ' from the guy is really ok ... especially the update . and you can talk and email with the author , he really helps you to tweak your thing ... 50 bucks is not so expensive when you thinks it's the only ay ... i get an ibook with imic and i tried the edirol in the past ... and i can compare with my digi equiped home G4 . you can try the propagganda driver in confiance . it works .

--------------------
brian Holden

+Quote Post
gundamrx288
post Mon 19 Nov 2001, 05:44
Post #6

Member No.: 1,966

hey all,

thanks for all the help, but since the quattro is such a problem with both the ibook and powerbook g4, any suggestions for a recording interface for them? if not usb, (since it's not fast enough) any firewire suggestions? i use a minidisk to sample sounds out there, so i need something with a SPDIF interface, also i like to use it to mike up a live drum kit and record the drums into the macs.

so any suggestions?

too bad about the quattro... it seemed like such a problem saver.

thanks again,

charles

+Quote Post
brian holden
post Mon 19 Nov 2001, 07:59
Post #7

SuperHero

Member No.: 529

it's really a driver's problem . bot an interface problem . even if USB is pretty slow for audio ....
try the propagganda driver. reall . even the imic is a breeze witrh that . and the UA 3 too ...
the only thing is that it's not easy to configure properly, but the author helps you ... just mail him and explain your exact problem ...

--------------------
brian Holden

+Quote Post
ryosode
post Mon 19 Nov 2001, 16:36
Post #8

Member No.: 2,270

of course, if you have cash, there's MOTU828. A Firewire 8in/8out interface for $700~800. I'm probably going to get that in the near future. But still, I think the ASIO driver for $50 maybe worth looking into. You can get an info here: http://www.usb-audio.com/asio.html .

+Quote Post
sem nome
post Sun 25 Nov 2001, 04:38
Post #9

Member No.: 1,442

smile.gif
dockthepod
i'm in the same condition...
don't know what to buy!
if you want an interface for virtual instruments and without midi. you should check the EMI 2|6 i'm going to buy this one in January

+Quote Post
Ant
post Mon 26 Nov 2001, 01:13
Post #10

Member No.: 2,447

this might not pertain to what you're looking for but if it's a recording device you want how about trying the i-mic which is put out by Griffrin Technology. I can't say that it's 100% glitch free but it's a cheaper alternative. I think it cost around $50 (or less) and is pretty user friendly....just plugs right into your USB port and the back of your mixer/keyboard and there you have it. if this isn't what you're looking for then completely disregard this message. oops, i see that someone has already mentioned the i-mic....nevermind then.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 23 Oct 2024, 04:23
- © MacMusic 1997-2008