MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maudio Quattro For Mac G4, Drivers don't respond
bumblebee1
post Fri 11 Apr 2003, 15:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,948

Hi everyone,

I've just joined up and I'm looking forward to contributing to the forum where I can. I have a small issue with the Maudio quattro I purchased last week. Although the quattro appears on the sound panel of my Mac G4 and works, the drivers when placed in the asio folder of Logic 4.8 and Ableton Live do not appear in the audio preferences and configuration menus.
I can't figure out why? maybe I need to download some new drivers or something.
I would appreciate any feedback,
kind regards,

bumblebee1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Al Kmist
post Sat 12 Apr 2003, 16:33
Post #2

Member No.: 15,791

If you haven't been to http://www.m-audio.com/ and downloaded the most recent driver definately do that. You may have to download the midisport driver as well. What OS are you on? I'm using the Quattro with Cubase SX and over at the Cubase site there are a lot of posts about the instability of the Quattro drivers. Mine has been running well for the past four months although I'm sometimes getting those clicks and pops which some are blaming on the m-audio driver. Sorry I don't know anything about Logic or Ableton Live so I don't have any suggestions for you there. Good luck!

+Quote Post
bumblebee1
post Sat 19 Apr 2003, 11:18
Post #3

Member No.: 15,948

Hi they're Al,
Thankyou for the reply.
I've been in discussion via email, with a tech guy from M-audio. He has given advice on what to do and I've done everything hes said so far, but I still can't get the Quattro to work. I've downloaded them all and the ones for OS 9.2 for Mac G4 400mz off the M-audio website. And still no luck!. I'm going to call the tech guy after Easter as I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the Quattro and it's drivers.

At the end of the mate all I wan't to do is to record my tunes so I can send out my demo to people!

All the best!

+Quote Post
Al Kmist
post Sat 19 Apr 2003, 16:17
Post #4

Member No.: 15,791

bumblebee-
The first Quattro I bought didn't work either. I went through the same BS you're probably going through for about a month. Then I brought the Quattro back to the store I bought it from convinced I was going to be spending several hundred dollars more to upgrade to something else. The guy at the store suggested trying another Quattro. I brought it home and it worked as soon as I plugged it in. No problems now for about four months. (knock on wood) Maybe try and exchange it? Keep pluging away, I'm sure you'll find success.
Best wishes,
Al

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 10:34
- © MacMusic 1997-2008