MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Re-install Logic With Tiger
nunorosa
post Mon 27 Jun 2005, 20:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,768

Hi There,

i'm using the moment logic Logic 7 on my powerbook g4 1.5 Ghz with mac osx 10.3.9 and 1.25gb of memory. but the truth is, that i'm having so many problems with performance of logic and the powerbook itself that i'm thinking to format the hard drive and intall tiger and logic 7.1... the question is... how can i do it in a safe way??? (not losing all my songs etc...) and can i use the logic audio security code again?... any good advise?

thank you for your help!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PhilTrueman
post Mon 27 Jun 2005, 22:15
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,388

Hi nunorosa,

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you should be having so much trouble with Logic 7.0 on such a great spec of Powerbook. What hard drive do you have in there? Should be as large and fast as you can afford.

I recently had a thread on MacMusic about Logic on Tiger - basically (no - I'm not on a Powerbook - but a G5 2 X 2.5) I did an upgrade to Tiger and Logic broke. The only way out of it was a complete new install.

So - I guess my advice to you is - if you are going to do this - back up all your songs to a safe place and then do a completely clean install of Tiger - then install Logic 7.1 on the top and everything should be as good as you can get it.

The Logic Accesskey should be fine - if you're on 7.0 - the upgrade to 7.1 is 14GBP.

Hope this helps

PT
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 28 Oct 2024, 19:32
- © MacMusic 1997-2008